BUGS & MUGS - Byron and Melbourne Undergraduate Osteopaths - for 4th and 5th year students
"A clinical focus on Women's Health"
Faculty: Julie Streckfuss, George Stylian and Dion Kulak
Date: July 1-3, 2016
Venue: Lake Ainsworth Sport and Rec Centre at Lennox Head, NSW (20 mins south of Byron Bay, 15 mins north of Ballina)
Price: $475 including 2 nights accommodation in the lodges. Accommodation for the Thursday night and or Sunday night can be arranged, however price will be based on numbers and we recommend you contact us asap to organise.
This three day course will focus on common women's health issues that present to the Osteopath, including fertility and pregnancy. The osteopathic approaches will be of an integrative nature exploring the different MSK, visceral, circulatory and neurohormonal procedures, with special attention to the practical and clinical applications and approaches.
Common conditions covered in this course will be:
- clinical issues related to fertility
- clinical issues relating to pregnancy
- premenstrual tension
- polycystic ovarian syndrome
- mastitis and more
The integrative osteopathic approach to these conditions will involve, OCF, MET, neural inhibition and various other approaches to the treatment of the
lymphatics, viscera and more whilst exploring the relevant clinical anatomy, embryology and pathophysiology.
- Cancellation with less than 90 days' notice will incur a $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation with less than 30 days' notice will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of course fee
- Cancellation with 7 days or less notice will incur a cancellation fee of the full course fee.